Today we tackled the cornerstone of Christian faith—eyewitness testimony of Jesus Christ’s teachings and resurrection. We explored the willingness of early believers to face death for their convictions, offering irrefutable evidence of the truths they witnessed. We also discussed contemporary issues, navigating the decisions around home births and the ongoing debate over the two-state solution in Israel. Harrison, a listener in search of ways to defend his faith, was guided towards enriching resources and community engagement at the Newman center. In heartfelt exchanges, we helped Joe with spiritual guidance on facing his brother’s illness, and eased Jane’s concerns about reverence in church. Join our family of listeners and tap into a wealth of insight, comfort, and unexpected conversation, right here on The Patrick Madrid Show.
- Harrison (email) – Most of my college friends are not Catholics and I am often challenged about my faith. I’m asked, “How do you know what you believe is true?”
- Roberta – I had a home birth and it went well.
- John – I heard about a two state solution for Israel. The land was given to Abraham as an eternal covenant, so it should be the Israelites. (19:23)
- Fr. Bill – Regarding Eye Witness faith: I think that the bible itself talks about the Gospel being based on eye witness accounts.
- Steve – Regarding the student who talks about the Catholic faith: I have learned two things from your show. 1. The Church goes back to Jesus. 2. every other church is connected with the Catholic Church in some way, even if its them opposing it.
- Joe – My brother, who has stage 4 cancer, is hesitant to come back into the Church. What can I give him to help him back?
- Patrick recommends “The Art of Dying Well” by St. Robert Bellarmine
- Jane – What is appropriate behavior during adoration?
- Jenny – I went to the history of the bible museum in Washington, DC and it was so informative. I think it would help people wanting to know about their Christian roots.