Yesterday we celebrated the Queenship of Mary, honoring her special role in salvation history and the power of her intercession. But we can often forget that St. Joseph, the foster father of Jesus, is also a powerful intercessor. His close relationship with Our Lord, his special role in salvation history, and the power of his intercession are part of the reason he is the patron of the Relevant Radio® St. Joseph Recurring Gift Society.
“It’s easy to forget, or maybe not even realize, his powerful intercession,” Fenelon said. “I know there are some who have a powerful devotion to St. Joseph, but I think overall we tend to relegate him to the nativity scene at Christmas. We put him away after Christmas and we don’t think about him anymore.”
But Fenelon encouraged listeners to take another look at St. Joseph, and the role he played in salvation history. “How can we not honor, and be so in love with, the man who cared for the Blessed Mother and Our Savior?” she said.
Perhaps it is St. Joseph’s silence in Scripture that makes people overlook him as an intercessor. But even though Scripture does not contain the words of St. Joseph, his actions spoke volumes.
“It’s interesting to me, how during his lifetime, St. Joseph was quite active and quite a strong person in caring for the Blessed Mother and the Holy Family,” Fenelon said. “He not only cared for the Holy Family, but the way he tended to the Virgin Mary, he venerated her while she was yet alive. This idea of his holiness and the way he cherished the Blessed Mother, it would just make sense to me that he would be given that gift of being this intercessor. He has a special power of intercession.”
You can become a part of the St. Joseph Society today by making a pledge of $25 per month or more! We recognize the intercessory power of St. Joseph, and that’s why some of the spiritual benefits you’ll receive as a member of the St. Joseph Society include:
- Being remembered and prayed for in the daily Mass, daily Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, and special novenas prayed before the Blessed Sacrament at the Chapel of the Nativity at the Relevant Radio Headquarters in Green Bay, Wisconsin and in our offices in Loomis, California.
- Your intentions will be remembered in a special Mass offered perpetually on March 19 and May 1, the Feasts of St. Joseph.
- Drew Mariani prays for all of our St. Joseph Society members daily during the live Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
But the benefits are not only spiritual. There are also practical benefits to being a member of the St. Joseph Society:
- You’ll receive some of our special ‘thank you’ gifts in appreciation for your continued support!
- Your gift will be matched for the entire first year when you donate during a matching hour.
- More of your donation goes to the mission of Relevant Radio. Processing one recurring donation, rather than multiple individual pledges, and sending you one year-end update letter and annual tax receipt, rather than monthly statements, means more of your donation goes toward the mission of bringing “the beauty, goodness and truth of the Catholic Faith into the everyday lives of people who seek it, whenever and wherever they are.”
- You don’t need to keep track of when your pledge ends. Your monthly gift can easily be made part of your monthly budget. Plus you can cancel or change it at any time.
Imitate St. Joseph in his faithful generosity by becoming a member of the St. Joseph Society today!