If you’re like us, you love a good Saint John Paul II quote. Somehow, his words have a way of making us stop and think. It must be because he’s so holy and wonderful.
So, without further ado, here are fourteen awesome quotes from Saint John Paul II.
- “Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.”
- “The future starts today, not tomorrow.”
- “It is the duty of every man to uphold the dignity of every woman.”
- “Do not be afraid. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity. Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”
- “The worst prison would be a closed heart.”
“This is no time to be ashamed of the Gospel. It is the time to preach it from the rooftops. Do not be afraid to break out of comfortable and routine modes of living in order to take up the challenge of making Christ known in the modern metropolis.”
- “A person’s rightful due is to be treated as an object of love, not as an object for use.”
- “It is Jesus you seek when you dream of happiness; he is waiting for you when nothing else you find satisfies you; he is the beauty to which you are so attracted; it is he who provokes you with that thirst for fullness that will not let you settle for compromise; it is he who urges you to shed the masks of a false life; it is he who reads in your hearts your most genuine choices, the choices that others try to stifle.
It is Jesus who stirs in you the desire to do something great with your lives, the will to follow an ideal, the refusal to allow yourselves to be grounded down by mediocrity, the courage to commit yourselves humbly and patiently to improving yourselves and society, making the world more human and more fraternal.”
- “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”
- “Love between man and woman cannot be built without sacrifices and self-denial.”
“Do not be afraid. Open wide the doors for Christ!”
- “There is no evil to be faced that Christ does not face with us. There is no enemy that Christ has not already conquered. There is no cross to bear that Christ has not already borne for us, and does not now bear with us.
And on the far side of every cross we find the newness of life in the Holy Spirit, that new life which will reach its fulfillment in the resurrection. This is our faith. This is our witness before the world.”
- “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself.”
“If He asks much of you, it is because He knows you can give much.”