Last week Pope Francis announced December 8, 2020 – December 8, 2021 as the Year of St. Joseph. On the same day, the Apostolic Penitentiary announced a special Plenary Indulgence for the Year of St. Joseph. What a beautiful opportunity to allow St. Joseph to bring us closer to Jesus!
The plenary indulgence will be granted under the usual conditions (sacramental confession, Eucharistic Communion, detachment from sin, and prayer for the Pope’s intentions) to those who participate in the Year of St Joseph in any of the following ways:
- Meditate for at least 30 minutes on the Lord’s Prayer or take part in a Spiritual Retreat with meditation on St. Joseph
- Perform a spiritual or corporal act of mercy following St. Joseph’s example
- For families or engaged couples who recite the Holy Rosary together
- Entrust your daily work to St. Joseph or ask St. Joseph’s intercession for the unemployed to find dignifying work
- Recite the Litany of St. Joseph or any other Prayer to St. Joseph for the persecuted Church and relief of all Christians suffering from persecution
We’ve put together a unique opportunity to Experience the Year of St. Joseph with Relevant Radio®, and many of the experiences will assist you in gaining this plenary indulgence! Join Relevant Radio for the following devotions (on your local station, at relevantradio.com, or on the free mobile app) in order to be eligible for the special plenary indulgence during this Year of St. Joseph:
- Recite the Holy Rosary together with your family (and families around the country) by tuning-in to the Family Rosary Across America® daily at 7pm CT
- Receive a FREE Living the Year of St. Joseph booklet which includes the Litany of St. Joseph and many other prayers to St. Joseph
- Join us every Wednesday at noon CT for our Daily Mass which will be dedicated to St. Joseph
Get all the details of the plenary indulgence by reading the full Decree from the Vatican, and sign-up to Experience the Year of St. Joseph with Relevant Radio so you can receive these spiritual resources and more!