Bible: Sacrifice of Isaac
- Why does God test us, Father asks?
- Father thinks that the reading should be read in the light of the Hebrews
- On one hand, it’s horrible–but Abraham was ready to offer his only son and believed that God would raise Isaac from the dead.
- Abraham had a complete trust in God
- Gives advice suggesting the listner to ask God what his will is
- He references the Screwtape Letters–the Devil wants us to focus on what we don’t have
- Letter thanking father who gave advice about dealing with priests who are moved around a lot–there is a lot of ecclesial and presbyteral instability
- Letter about some strick KJV readings of the bible that says diving is bad
- Did Isaac say anything?
- Principles vs methods
- Priest told me I wasn’t truly repentant when I went to confession
- If I commit a sin like an impure thought–could I still go to confession?