- Patrick explores various angles of the immerging Metaverse technology, interacting with callers and sharing his own concerns about how this immersive virtual world could be detrimental as it further draws people away from the real world and into a fantasy world of their own. While he affirms some of the potentially beneficial aspects, he also warns of the very real dangers that will inevitably arise as people further detach from reality.
- Plot of “digital land” in the metaverse sells for record $2.43M
- Patrick reminisces about the first time he heard about the internet
- Jamie – Why would anyone want to buy internet land?
- Connie – Is it okay to use birth control for medical reason unrelated to pregnancy?
- Freddy – I have a criminal record that I didn’t tell my wife about
- Tom – Metaverse, the new media, is virtual not physical. This is the next form of communication.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts |