- A couple of callers expressed concern for problematic footnotes in the New American Bible that cast doubts on the authenticity of Jesus’s miracles and the authorship of the gospels. Their faith has been shaken by these footnotes, and Patrick explains why these footnotes are detrimental to the average reader who has no training in scripture scholarship. Patrick recommends the NRSV Catholic Bible because it does not have those problematic footnotes.
- Patrick recommends the books “Free from all Error” and “Catholic Apologetics Today” by Fr. William Most
- Beverly – While in college, a Priest negated what was in the Bible which affected my faith, then I saw real miracles and I was brought back to it.
- Caesar – Grandpa doesn’t come with us to mass every week but still goes to Communion without confession. What can I say to him?
- Angelina – If I say the Rosary, am I less likely to sin?
- Want to go swimming? Tracker shows great white sharks gathering on US East Coast
- Bill – What is the difference between a grievous matter and mortal sin?
- Jill – Any resources to convince my family to have a Catholic funeral for grandmother?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts |