- In light of the news that California Governor Newsom proposes $100M for Native American tribes to do as they wish, Patrick asks the audience if they think it’s fair or unfair that this group gets this money while other groups, like African Americans, do not. From a Christian moral standpoint, is it just to do this as a reparation for past mistreatment, and if so, is it an injustice not to extend similar benefits to other aggrieved groups?
- Dolly – When people give out money it’s a bribe for the future
- Marie – A lot of people don’t consider the Asian Americans who were working on the plantations. Where is there retribution?
- Edna – African and Native Americans are different situations because one was moved into the USA and the other group was invaded by the USA.
- Andrea – I think it should be considered that the native people are actually a separate entity from the USA. So it isn’t the same as giving to other Americans.
- Johnathan – What is your opinion about other tribes that were taken over? How can anyone determine what is fair?
- Jose – It seems like politicians are really good at giving away other people’s money. I would be suspicious of the governor’s motives.
- Paul – This makes a victim mentality.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts |