Patrick takes calls about being excommunicated, drinking all the communion wine, not getting married in the Catholic Church and the Protestant idea of “Baptism of the Holy Spirit.”
Tom – Can a Catholic self-excommunicate?
Peter – At communion, someone drank whole cup of wine. Is that a problem?
Aida – I think you handled the caller about rape and incest really well. I used to support abortion, but have since become pro-life.
Joe – Regarding people not getting married in the Catholic Church. I think you should tell them your opinion right away that you aren’t going to attend while they are in the planning stage of the marriage
- Diane – Women, don’t have an abortion: My Ex-husband wanted me to have an abortion. I was very depressed but then I visit a church and prayed the rosary. Then I felt her tell me ‘do not worry, I will be with you always through this’. I ended up not having an abortion. My daughter is now 34.
- Adrienne – Both a priest and a professor at my daughter’s school said that even though rape is terrible, if the rapist shouldn’t be torn limb from limb then why should the innocent baby be?
- Robert – We are thinking about using in vitro fertilization. is that okay to do? Is the same as abortion?
- Dilbert – Would it be proper for a Catholic to get married outside the church?
- Dawn – Can you explain the protestant idea of ‘Baptism in the Holy Spirit’ evidence by speaking in tongues?