Patrick answers listener questions about why statues of Mary would ever be weeping or sorrowful, how to teach young people about “spiritual warfare,” and he reads and comments on a tweet by Fr. Peter Totleben about “evangelizing catechesis”
- Mary – Regarding people falling away from the Church, my son in-law’s family fell away from the Church because of its teaching on divorce.
- Teresa – Are there statues where our Mother Mary is weeping? Isn’t she in Heaven with Jesus? Why would she be sorrowful?
- Patrick reads and responds to a tweet from Fr. Peter Totleben @FrTotleben about “evangelizing catechesis” and what that structure should be
- Anne – I teach confirmation: How can I teach the students about Spiritual Warfare in an age appropriate way?
- Vincent – How did God come into being?
- Patrick recommends “Theology for Beginners” by Frank Sheed
- Devin – I think Jesus did miracles to show people that He is God