Joseph challenges Patrick’s explanation of the Church’s teaching on sexual morality arguing that “it’s just a bunch of rules” and that “Jesus is above the rules.” He doesn’t understand why it’s immoral to experience sexual pleasure outside marital intimacy. Patrick engages him in an extended and thoughtful discussion that ends with Joe saying he appreciated the conversation.
- Patrick responds to an email from an elderly married woman who asks for more clarification about intimacy with her husband later in life
- Mary Lou – Can I go to a non-Catholic bible study?
- Tom – I used to not like NEEDING to follow the Church, but there are certain rules of nature, so I look at the Church being a natural rule.
- If it is not known that something is a mortal sin, is there is no sin because there’s no intention of sinning?
- Is it okay for a husband to help his wife “finish” before the completion of the marital act?
- Rhonda – Is it sacrilegious to name a child “Jesus?”
- Mary – Can my husband baptize our grandbaby? Do you have to accept if someone asks you to be a Godparent?