Patrick answers questions about Godparents, takes on the question of emergency baptism, and gives advice and book recommendations for a caller whose grandchild claimed to be atheist after his first semester in college,
- Maria – I feel like the chalice at Mass represents Mary’s Immaculate Conception. The particular judgement, she is not scare anymore… it made her sad because she doesn’t want to remember all her sins when she dies.
- David – 1) Are Godparents necessary? 2) What sins could be bound on earth?
- Joe – Is it OK for two Catholics be in a mixed marriage (one with strong faith, and one with weak faith)? Is it possible?
- Josephine – You are wrong about babies being baptized only in case of emergency. She baptized her grandchildren when they were a few months old because the parents didn’t want to baptize them.
- Mary Kate – Question about Canon Law. Does fasting before receiving communion apply if you are pregnant?
- Maureen – Passage of the 5,000 people, the loaves and fish. Do you know where in scripture is this passage?
- Mary – She has been at a women’s Bible study for 18 years, she has some recommendations of studies she has have used, that may appeal to this other caller.
- Rene – His brother in law who is a priest that came from Philippines last year and is part of a congregation here in the US, had a stroke. Rene’s wife (priest’s sister) is 100% attending his needs and disregarding Rene’s needs. Should his wife attend his needs o his congregation?
- Mark – The Queen ship of Mary and her intercession as the queen Bathsheba, we should not be using Mary to bring petitions to God?
- Doris – Book reference for a 19yo teenager who claims he is atheist, no religious.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS