A caller, Michael, asks if smoking cigarettes is considered a sin. As the conversation unfolds, Patrick shares his perspective on the matter, highlighting the potential health risks and its connection to the Fifth Commandment. The discussion takes an introspective turn as the caller wonders about the eternal consequences of continuing to smoke. Patrick provides a balanced response, emphasizing the importance of being in a state of grace and acknowledging that individual choices encompass a broader context. Additionally, he offers heartfelt encouragement and advice to help the caller on his journey towards quitting smoking.
- Anonymous email – By best friend is using IVF and I’m not sure how to share in the joy of them having a child with my apprehension of them going against church teaching
- Michael – Is smoking cigarettes a sin? (20:12)
- John – In the Angelus they say ‘Be it done to me according to thy word’. Does that point to the assumption?
- Melody – I work with autistic children and was asked to take a class about overcoming barriers with LGBT. What should I do? (32:08)
- Alexa (10-years-old) – How did Moses go to heaven if he died before Jesus died on the cross for us?