Father Matthew Spencer fills in for Patrick and discusses his Thanksgiving plans that have taken an unexpected turn. Despite the stress, Father Matthew reflects on the importance of not letting worry consume us and trusting that God will come through. Listeners also call in with questions about the Catholic Church’s belief in Satan, prompting a discussion on the reality of evil and the influence of the demonic.
- Janine – I went on a retreat with a Jesuit Priest who said that Satin isn’t real, nor are Adam and Eve. What is the Church teaching on this? (11:54)
- Patrick – When people say follow your heart, would that be something that is pleasing to God or should we avoid that?
- Matt – I just heard a priest say you could still go to heaven if you commit suicide. Is that true? (26:06)
- Prince – Can I receive communion at a Greek Orthodox Church?
- Rose Mary – What would have been a good way to report this priest who denied Satin to his Bishop?
- Jacqueline – My husband said he would prefer cremation but I don’t like it. What should I do?