Father Matthew Spencer takes the helm as Patrick Madrid enjoys some well-deserved time off with his family. As Father Matthew discusses the recent developments in Silicon Valley and the human messiness behind them, he prompts us to reflect on the importance of relationships and the values we hold as Christians. He also addresses a listener’s question about receiving communion with mortal sin, offering guidance on navigating this sensitive issue with a priest. Join us as we explore these thought-provoking topics and prepare for the approaching Thanksgiving holiday.
- Ryan – How do I talk with my parish priest who says I can receive communion with mortal sin as long as I have the intention to go to confession after Mass?
- Duke (email) – I am struggling with the idea of God in the Trinity concept. Is Jesus the son of God or God?. When we pray to Jesus, is it to God or to Jesus? If Jesus is God, who is he praying to? (23:36)
- Mar (email) – if a woman has an abortion, and receives absolution at confession, will she go to hell at the final judgement automatically because of this sin?
- John – How would someone deal with the sin of anger? He doesn’t want to evangelize because he is worried his anger will get out of hand.
- Email – Any advice on how a scrupulous person can return to the sacraments. (41:42)
- Ed – The Priest made us take the Eucharist out of the bowl. Is that okay?