In light of the breaking news story this morning about the Vatican saying yes to blessings for same sex couples, there was an outpouring of concern and questions from listeners who called to ask Patrick’s advice. Patrick acknowledges that people are confused and discouraged by things going on in the Church, he nonetheless spent a lot of time on the show today encouraging listeners to trust in Jesus, be faithful, not become discouraged, and in particular, to pay attention to the gospel story of the apostles caught in a huge storm on the Sea of Galilee while Jesus slept and they feared they would die, and then Jesus calmed the storm and asked them, “why did you doubt, you of little faith?”
- Ruben – I spoke with you in April about getting my marriage blessed. I got it blessed. My wife came into the church but then she passed away. It has been difficult time.
- Kate – My friend who is in RCIA was told that Jesus was born in a cave. Is that true?
- Anthony – I am ready to leave the Church because of what the Pope released this morning (13:30)
- Mike – Was what the Pope said infallible or just a comment in an interview? (30:18)
- Chris – You said that it is not our job to speak out against the Pope, but in Cannon 212 it says we are supposed to correct those in error in the church.
- Joanne – Thank you for your explanation about what the pope said. It helped me a lot. I was upset but you helped comfort me. (44:51)