Encore from 09/13/2023
In today’s episode, we delve into some deeply personal and thought-provoking stories that have grabbed the attention of our listeners. From a caller contemplating abortion to another caller considering a vasectomy for the sake of his wife’s well-being, we explore the complexities of these situations and offer prayers and guidance. We also address the question of whether it is appropriate for Catholics to use the term “karma.” And, as always, we share stories and reflections from our own lives, discussing the joys and challenges of parenthood and the impact it can have on our spiritual journeys. Furthermore, we highlight the amazing call from Alicia that has touched the hearts of so many, prompting listeners to unite in prayer and support. We hope you join us for this enriching and uplifting episode of The Patrick Madrid Show!
- Patrick starts the show with acknowledging the tremendous outpouring of support and prayers our callers have for Alisha
- Patrick shares emails from listeners who were moved by Alisha’s call
- Jim – Yesterday’s show was incredible. 40 years ago my wife and I were considering abortion. We had him and he has been such a blessing.
- Ben – My daughter was 14 and told me she had sex so I gave her the day after pill. Since then, I realized that was a mistake and want to encourage people to be open to life.
- Conway – I had a vasectomy. I didn’t know it was a sin to do that. I would like to tell other men that they shouldn’t do them.
- Dan – I took a girl to an abortion clinic when I was younger. I still think about it today and still regret it.
- Dan (email) – Is it okay to use the word Karma?
- Abbey – I am a mother of 5 and I struggle with postpartum depression. It made me reflect on my own family and what I should be doing to be the best mom I can be.
- Kevin – Your call was amazing yesterday. My wife used to use birth control before she realized that it was a sin. We ended up having more kids and it has enriched out life.