Encore from 12/19/2023
Patrick engages in thought-provoking conversations with his listeners on various topics. From discussing the intricacies of Catholic rights and sacraments, to addressing the role of lay people in evangelization, to navigating the complexities of Pope Francis’ decisions, Patrick Madrid provides insight and clarity on pressing issues in the Catholic Church.
- Connor – Can I confirm my child in the Eastern Rite then attend a Latin Rite Church?
- Michael – I feel similarly to the caller about evangelization as a lay person. What do you think about the Catechism saying that lay people should evangelize?
- Jim – There is a lot of controversy with Pope Francis recently with the blessing of gay couples. I think Pope Francis has some wisdom in what he is doing. Giving them a blessing reminds them that they are in sin, in the same way that we get a blessing when we can’t receive communion.
- Rick – I disagree that Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t have a lot to say. I feel they have a lot of good and they study the bible.
- Pat – When you have Mass intentions said for someone who has passed away, how do you know how effective the Masses are?
- Joseph – I go to daily Mass and see a crossing guard. I met her in a store and found out she was a Lutheran. What can I say to her to help her into the Catholic Faith?
- Pita – I was not married in the Church, but am Catholic. If I go to confession, can I receive the Eucharist? (34:20)
- Alison – IVF seems like it is fine since God is making life from it, so shouldn’t it be okay? (43:56)