Patrick addresses a question from a listener about the compatibility of martial arts, specifically taekwondo, with Catholic principles. Patrick delves into the history of sports and the moral considerations surrounding potentially dangerous activities. He also engages in a lighthearted conversation about 1970s television programs like “Kung Fu”. The episode also features a caller sharing her impressive experiences with United Airlines flight operations and the exceptional training and skills of pilots and flight attendants.
- Email – Do martial arts fall into the same category as yoga?
- Susan – I use to work for United Airlines as a pilot. There are a lot of documents that need to be signed before a pilot can fly, so I don’t think they will put their own license on the line. Also, what does it mean not to Judge?
- Brian (email) – Can you talk more about the spiritual aspects of martial arts?
- Joe – I am glad you are honest and are sharing some of your past enjoyments that may not be great.
- Marino – If a movie provokes an emotion of anger, is that wrong? (30:22)
- Tulio – Too bad we don’t have shows like Kung Fu anymore!
- John – in the 90’s, I was a naval officer and we were just bringing women on board with training on landing planes on the decks of ships. We gave the woman more chances to successfully land than the men which was dangerous and not in line with code.
- Brian – Why can’t I attend a same sex marriage of my niece? (46:43)