This hour kicks off with a lively debate on the best sports movies for family viewing, highlighting films like “Facing the Giants” and “Hoosiers” that reinforce the importance of strong values and sportsmanship. We also examine the role of competition in youth sports and discuss ways to instill virtues in young athletes, referencing insights from a Chicago varsity basketball coach on handling wins and losses. Plus, we’ll explore the Victory Youth Sports program’s approach to teaching sports and faith, demonstrating how keeping score and allowing emotions can be part of the learning process.
- Patrick shares some of his and your favorite sports movies
- Justin – I think the movie ‘the perfect game’ would be a great movie for young boys to watch. It is about a baseball game that is led by a Catholic Priest.
- Dennis – We are a Relevant Radio affiliate that does a youth sports league and teaches the beauty of sports.
- Nora – Learning good sportsmanship starts at home when they are kids. (18:54)
- Meredith – How can I explain to my daughter if God doesn’t answer her prayers? (20:23)
- Joe Biden: If Democrats Win Control of Congress, I’ll Sign Bill for Abortions Up to Birth
- Audio: Dr. Levatino: Abortions are NEVER for the health of the woman (43:13)