Today we grapple with the tug-of-war between compassion and security. We’ve journeyed deep into the concerns surrounding immigration, balancing Christian duty with the protection of our families. From the frontlines of Texas, we’ve examined Governor Abbott’s bold stand on border control, navigating the complex interplay between state and federal authority. We’ve delved into privacy and technology as we unpack the implications of facial recognition at airports. Our callers, echoing from towns like Uvalde to Nigeria, shared heartfelt stories of crime and hope, invoking a call for prayer and discernment. As we continue to explore these pivotal times, let’s remember the importance of wisdom and empathy.
- Democrats in Congress are calling on President Biden to seize control of the Texas National Guard
- Amy – I have been flying a lot and now TSA has new facial screening cameras. I think it is to try to track the migrants. It is optional, but they don’t say it is optional.
- Patrick shares emails regarding today’s topic
- Maggie – We were warned to lock our windows since the immigrants were being housed in this area. Crime has raised a lot. (19:12)
- Patrick – I work at a liquor store in Wisconsin. When I ask for IDs, they give IDs from other countries and they almost always pay in cash. (22:50)
- Alfred – The root cause of why this is happening is because of policies by the west which deliberately impoverish 3rd world countries.
- Email – I’m torn between welcoming those in need with an open heart, but I also want to keep my family safe
- Mercy – In AZ, we have seen an increase in drug problems and violence since the border was opened. Human Trafficking is also out of control. (42:22)