Special Guest Host Fr. Matthew Spencer discusses the importance of specific prayers and their ability to guide our actions and bring about peace. We tackle the challenge of forgiveness and the struggle to let go of control, and whether or not to meet with someone who has caused deep wounds. Fr. Matthew patiently and gently talks with callers as he encourages them to trust in God’s will even when it differs from their own desires.
- Oct. 17 is day of prayer, fasting for peace in Holy Land
- Beth – My dad had an affair and fathered a child. This child now has reached out to us and wants to meet with us. What should I do?
- (20:36) Cyrus shares the story of reaching out to the father he never knew and through forgiveness how a relationship between father and son was born
- Kevin – Is prayer stronger if its more specific?
- Barry – How do you explain that we Catholics are not cannibals when we eat Jesus in the Eucharist?
- Molly (46:16) – The young students in my faith formation are wondering if people are in hell yet?