Father Matthew Spencer sits in for Patrick as he delves into a thought-provoking conversation about the connection between musical preferences and moral compass. He explores a recent study that analyzed how people’s likes and musical preferences can indicate their moral compass, and he considers the impact of music on shaping our values and worldview. Joined by Cyrus, they share personal insights and reflections on the ways music has influenced their lives and emotional experiences, offering intriguing perspectives on the profound relationship between music and morality. (01:08)
- Gretchen – I don’t agree with the pope meeting with people of other religions. Is that okay? Will it cause the Catholic Church to change her teaching?
- John – I am not Catholic but I have some questions about purgatory. It is interesting to me but I am not convinced. I believe in Sola Scriptura. (25:10)
- Lisa – What does it mean in creed ‘judge the living and the dead’? If we are dead, aren’t we already judged?
- Coral (Email) – Is God for “law and order”? Was Jesus a liberal?
- Veronica – My son is in a heavy metal band but is the nicest person in the world. How can my son be so nice and into such heavy metal music?