A catechist in RCIA seeks Patrick’s guidance on why the ending doxology of the Lord’s Prayer is not included in the Catholic version. Patrick explains the historical background and mentions the influence of the revision of the Mass in an effort to be more ecumenical towards Protestants. Additionally, he recommends resources for further reading on Vatican II and the changes made to the Mass.
- Patrick continues his conversation with Charles from the last hour
- Patrick – At a healing Mass I went to on Saturday, the lay people prayed over people. Was that okay?
- Jenney – Gay Blessings: My understanding of the couple would be similar to a boyfriend/girlfriend who are not sexual activity. What do you think?
- Tim – I am Byzantine Catholic. Should I not have my kids go to communion at a Latin Catholic Church?
- Don – Where is “thine is the kingdom” in the bible?
- Christine – As Catholics, when we go to Protestants services can we receive communion at those churches? (33:16)
- Matt – I lost a friend, Ted, recently who was an avid Relevant Radio listener and to your show. Can you pray for him?
- Chad – Do you need to remove your hat or make the sign of the cross every time you pray? (41:13)
- Kim – If Mary is a perpetual virgin, how did she have relations with Joseph?