Patrick starts off by getting into the topic of understanding the Bible and the recent confusion surrounding the Vatican’s statement on blessings for same-sex couples. We begin by addressing a listener’s inquiry about which version of the Bible is best for beginners and recommend some insightful resources for Bible study. Then, we hear from a police officer who shares his encounter with confusion about Catholic teachings on same-sex marriages and how he responded to it. Patrick Madrid provides clarity on the issue and shares the thoughts of Archbishop Charles Chapew on the divisive topic.
- Patrick recommends Jeff Cavins’ “The Great Adventure Bible series
- James – Relevant Radio has really helped me to clarify at work what Pope Francis said and meant with his new blessing document
- Angelina – Why can’t priests get married?
- Allison – Are indulgences given by a Pope throughout history still legitimate or are only the ones sanctioned by the current Pope valid? (25:55)
- Patrick recommends “Handbook of Indulgences”
- David – What does the Bible say about concubines? (32:53)
- Joe – Does the church still teach about limbo?
- Madeline – If Jesus existed from all eternity, did His body and DNA also exist, meaning Mary’s DNA?