Patrick addresses the difficult and emotional topic of dealing with the aftermath of a loved one’s abortion. Samantha from Arizona shares her struggle in coping with her cousin’s decision to have an abortion, despite Samantha’s advice against it. Patrick offers insight on supporting her cousin and discusses the impact of baptism in the context of the caller’s situation. The episode also delves into the complexity of guiding young adults in their faith journey and offers practical advice for listeners facing similar challenges.
- Patrick continues his conversation with Samantha. Her cousin had an abortion and she tried to convince her that she shouldn’t do that. She asks Patrick, “Why did God make me go through this?” (00:36)
- Ann – I baptized my niece 20 years ago without telling her mom. I just told my niece last year what I had done and she was grateful and feels that God has always been close to her.
- Fr. Bill – So many confessions have to do with pornography.
- Ella – Had an abortion 30 years ago. Thank you Patrick and Relevant Radio for opening up her soul and bringing her back to the Church. (36:37)
- Bob – Interested in a book recommendation about the Imitation of Christ.
- Tate – I think Samantha is in mourning as much for the child as she is for her cousin. I think she might be feeling guilty. (41:10)
- Nicole – My 3 oldest kids said they don’t want to be Catholic anymore. How do I respond to this? Two of them are teens.